Monday, May 11, 2009

YEAH ZACKY!

Zacky pooped on the potty today for the first time! Guess he didn't want his younger cousin Ryan getting all the attention. :-)

I haven't been real diligent with the potty training with Zack since his first potty experience back in August. I just haven't been ready or had the time to be honest. We've just been having him go before baths or bedtime for the most part. But this past week I've been trying to be a little more diligent and have been planning a major push this weekend when we were going to go big and put him in big boy underwear. I figured he's been in a pull up too long now it's just like a diaper to him so lets go for the real thing, during the day that is.

Well, this afternoon we were outside playing and I started smelling something and did the quick peek and saw that we needed to change the pull-up. When we got in there wasn't much in it so I guessed that I caught him right before so we got on the potty, he went potty and wanted to be done but I asked him to get back on. You should have seen how excited his face was when he started pooping. It was quite cute. Let's hope this continues on for the next couple days so this weekend isn't going to be as horrendous as I thought it would be. :-)

2 comments:

Meg Tredinnick said...

Good job Zacky!!! You're such a big boy!!!!

Michelle R said...

Yeah! We probably waited longer than we should have too based on Collin's "signs of readiness" but it all is working fine. Have a GOOD weekend!