Friday, October 23, 2009

Who's Afraid of Cowlicks?

Thanks to a book that Auntie Meg gave him at Christmas, that would be my son!
Zack's head is full of cowlicks and has been using hairspray, I kid you not, since he was two! It's the only way we can get them down on top and the duck tail in the back, well that's when I know it's time to cut his hair...



...so Auntie Meg saw a book a while back called 'Cowlick' by Christin Ditchfield. It is an adorable book about a cow that likes to sneak into little boy's bedrooms and give them a cowlick at night! Well that freaked him out a little and he didn't want to read the story for a while. Then a little while ago he wanted to start reading it again, (and now has it pretty much memorized and reads along with us now) but he wakes up with night terrors or night mares at time and one of those times I asked what woke him up, "I was afraid the cow was going to lick me!" I kid you not.
Sometimes when we are brushing his hair in the morning working on those darn cowlicks he'll ask me about the cows that licked him. It is quite funny how much it seems like he believes cows really do sneak into our house and lick him. Another funny story about cowlicks will be posted soon too...

1 comment:

Meg Tredinnick said...

Awe, I don't want to cause Night terrors! But its funny that he believes they're in your house...those are some pretty clean cows for not tracking in all the mud outside;)