Friday, April 16, 2010

R.I.P Nemo

We have some sad news to report. On Sunday when I was putting Zack to bed I discovered our goldfish swimming on his side. Mommy hadn't cleaned the bowl recently and it really needed it. Oops! I felt bad and it's no excuse but it was a really busy weekend and slipped my mind!

Zack was sad and said he couldn't sleep because of Nemo's death (although he is becoming good at procrastination these days for bedtime) so I asked if he would like to go outside and bury him with me. That seemed to do the trick. Now however he is asking a few questions about death and how long Coko will live and how long we live etc. He is definitely trying to process this event. And yes, in this house, fish go to heaven too.

The goldfish, to our credit, was a year and a half old! Grandma Trish gave Nemo to Zack for a Halloween gift back in 2008! That is the longest I have ever kept a goldfish alive! It was huge too! He was about 3" long and an inch high.

One note: This does not mean the fish needs to be replaced!!!

1 comment:

Meg Tredinnick said...

on a happier note...I love the new family picture:)