I know it has been a long time since I have posted on here or at least that is what my blogg obsessed sisters tell me and my mother. I've just been a little busy and I don't have a child that sleeps most of the day or one that will sit and play with one thing for countless minutes. I have to do my blogging when or should I say IF my little guy sleeps, (Tuesday was a long day with NO nap!).
So, what have we been up to? Well, It seems as though we had the 12 days of Christmas here. The first day of Christmas, Christmas Eve - we spent with my family at my parents house. Zack was spoiled rotten as usual. He loved playing horsey with his Great-Uncle Doug. Poor Uncle Doug was quite tired by the end of the night but you should see his calf muscles now! :-)
The second day of Christmas, Christmas day - we went over to my Auntie Annie and Uncle Doug's house where the best part of Zack's night was playing with their Golden Retriever, Cooper, or Cuckoo, as Zack was calling him. Which is very fitting for their dog. If you've ever read "Marley & Me" by John Grogan, Coop has a few of those stories as well. Zack and Cooper were best of buds.
The third day of Christmas, the day after - The next day we opened gifts from each other and the Barry's (Darin's sister and family). We didn't get to our gifts on Christmas day because we only had time for Santa Christmas morning, then church, then a 3 hour nap, (for Zack, not us) and then we were off to the Cooley's.
The forth day of Christmas - On the 27th, as I mentioned in Darin's birthday blog, Darin's parents flew in so we celebrated Christmas again! By this time Zack was figuring out how to open gifts and was having fun helping everyone with their presents.
The fifth day of Christmas - Friday, we rested, then Saturday we were on our way on Zack's first trip to Fergus Falls to celebrate with the Aune's. Zack was quite a hit there of course. He's quite the charmer. We stayed with Darin's Aunt Cindy, Uncle Duane and cousin Audra where Zack had lots of fun chasing their slow cat, PC, around the house. Poor cat. I think he was relieved to see us go. :-)
Our sixth day of Christmas will be this Saturday, with our Godson Collin (15 months) and of course his parents, our wonderful friends from college, Michelle and Doug Rosenau.
So those were our Christmas celebrations. But there was more celebrating to do.
Before we left Fergus we began celebrating Darin's birthday with his Grandma Delores, Aunt Doreen, Uncle Duane, Aunt Cindy, Audra, Great-Aunt Donna, Great-Uncle Bob, his parents and of course Zack and I. It was very nice and it wore Zack out! He slept the entire way home! Our dinner was leftovers, (Darin's idea since we were still full from lunch) and Darin opened gifts. A low key birthday for Darin.
New Years Eve - We just stayed at home. Darin cooked a fabulous pheasant dinner. The pheasant was curtousy of a friend from work who hunts. It was his first time fixing pheasant and he did great! Darin is the cook in this household. He loves to experiment with different dishes, I burn water, (or I have in the past as my sisters will attest to).
January 3rd, we celebrated my mother-in-laws birthday by going to Buca and coming back to our place to open gifts. Have I mentioned that December and January are crazy months for us? There are now 4 family birthdays and my parents anniversary in December,
then 3 birthdays in January. Lets just say my credit card gets a lot of use in December. :-)
So this has been our life for the past few weeks. Hope all of your holidays were wonderful and as blessed as ours were. We truly are blessed to have wonderful family and friends in our lives.
I know this blog is really long so the posts above contain pictures of the holidays, as demanded...I mean requested by my family.
2 comments:
You can say demanded we won't be offended:) Glad to finally hear about your Christmas adventures
And I must say the best birthdays are yet to come, right? I think mid-January is what you are most looking forward to in all the world:)
Post a Comment