Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope this year has started off well for all of you. Usually I have been in the practice of not making New Year resolutions but this year I found myself making them. Guess I miss making goals for myself assessments at work, (this should get a laugh from all of my old ADC cronies. Goals were the worst part of the review process.). Anyway, I thought I might share a few with all of you:

1. Update blog at least twice a month. More if time permits. Sorry, I know there are many of you that would like me to do it more often but I just don't always have the schedule.

2. Spend more time with our Godson Collin, oh yeah, and his parents. :-) My goal, to get together at least once a month. I have neglected to post a picture of our handsome Godson, who takes after his mom of course. Note Dougie, I am not posting your favorite picture from Christmas since he was not wearing a Vikings jersey. This is a Bronco free zone!
3. Make a meal plan every week. I am horrible about thinking ahead to dinner. There are many nights Darin comes home and we end up eating frozen meals or ordering in because I have forgotten yet again to pull something out or I had no idea what to do for dinner. Plus, since Darin is the cook I feel a little silly making the decision of what he's going to fix for us. So this way it will be a group decision.
4. Organize all of our digital pictures. You might think this is a silly one since you know how I like to TAKE pictures. The problem is I download them but don't organize them right away. So I am working on pictures right now from 2005! Now you also know why I didn't send to many pictures of Zack out prior to this blog.
5. Print pictures for Zack's baby book. See #4, makes it hard to print what you don't know you have. :-(
6. Figure out how to use Flicker. This is a web page my cousin uses to show us his pictures. He can link it to his blog so that the blog isn't so crowded with snapshots like I just did for Christmas. First got to get the pics. organized. Then I'll figure this one out.
7. Download our videos from the 8 tapes we have and then post some to the blog. This one is Darin's resolution, at least the down loading part is. But I thought I'd include it so you know what to look forward to in the future of the Bartsch Beat.
8. Time for a little fun. Date night at least once a month. We talk about it all the time but don't follow through. Hopefully writing it down will mean it will happen.
So these are just a few of the things that are going to be keeping me busy this year.
Hope you are enjoying this blog we have begun.

6 comments:

Meg Tredinnick said...

Booo Broncos!!! Doug, you're toturing poor Collin

MoSchu said...

Yikes with my siblings spelling today!!! I mist have my editor hat on too tight...Meg, what's toturing?

Meg Tredinnick said...

Hey Look who's talking Must not Mist

MoSchu said...

D@mn...I knew I was going to do that!

Becky said...

date night once a month??? you know my number!!!!!!!

MaMa D said...

Hip Hip Horray for Katie!! Great job with the new posting. I love the updates on Zack. They "melted my heart". Since we've been home, I find myself using some of his phrases and thinking of his cute expressions and I break out with a smile. Keep up the good work and love the pictures. Another tool for me to keep in touch.