Monday, December 15, 2008

Update on Emily

A message from Jenni on Emily's progress.
Hi Katie,

Thank-you for posting this. Emily is doing really well, and I am sure all the positive thoughts and prayers are helping. She had a successful surgery on Friday where they removed her pericardial tissue from in front of her heart. Hers had swollen to over 100 times what a normal width should be.

After the surgery her heart rate decreased to a safe level and the doctors are cautiously optimistic that she will now be on the road to 100% recovery. Her chest tube was removed today, so she is now able to breathe a little easier. She is in good spirits and really appreciates all the love and support.

I am attaching a picture of Emily and I in Vegas in October, this was taken about 3 weeks before this all started.

Jenni

No comments: