Sunday, April 5, 2009

7 Months Old Today

Kiley is 7 months old today and it has occurred to me I've missed posting a few first of hers.

3 months ago we introduced rice cereal to Kiley. She took to it right away. She even tried to feed herself. Daddy wasn't going fast enough for her. She's very noisy when she eats. Just like Adee was.

Her next taste of solid food was in mid March. Just in time for St. Patrick's day we started Kiley on green beans, (she had to have green food too!).

She has liked everything we've given her so far, green beans, peas, squash, sweet potatoes, bananas and applesauce. Mommy and Daddy not so much. We don't care for the stains. I remember I was so excited to start Zack on fruits and veggies. I think the day of his 6 month appointment he had his first taste. With Kiley I dragged my feet a little. Any of you with leaky models remember when the spit up ends???!

Other big things: Kiley has discovered her toes and loves playing with them on the changing table.

Too bad it's not warmer temps. I think she'd be enjoying them even more.

On March 12th Kiley began to sit up! She's still pretty wobbly today but I think that has to do with her short legs and long torso.
No crawling yet but she certainly can army crawl! I can now say I have 2 mobile kids. I have to keep a close eye on her.

On March 21st Kiley received her first haircut! One month later than Zack I might add. She had quite the mullet going on and funny bangs so we decide it was time. She did great. No tears at all.

Before

During
Ooh what's that?! Can I do it?

After


We think she looks like a different baby! Even cuter!
So that is what's keeping Kiley busy. More on Zack soon and maybe I'll have Christmas posted by Easter. :-)

2 comments:

Meg Tredinnick said...

I think the spitting uded a couple months after the baby foods...Need time to adjust to the new digestion issues;)

Anonymous said...

Kiley girl-you are growing way too fast for this grandma. You have changed so much in 2 months. But that smile-your whole face just lights up when you smile and that makes me smile. Yeah for a happy and adorable baby!!!
Love, Grandma D