Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hard Drive Whoas

So about a month ago our external hard drive where we kept all our pictures (and didn't back any up) started making a clicking sound but it still worked... Then it didn't!  We have brought it in now to two different places, Geek Squad and Kroll Ontrack, a more advanced company and both have come back with the worst news.  They can't recover anything!

 If you ever hear your computer making clicking noises start backing up everything. It's called the click of death! The drive heads were damaged and that scratched up the "platter" which means no pictures for us.

On a positive note, we still have our old computer from 3 years ago in our house (something I'm grateful that Darin now neglected to do even when asked at least once a year) so I have only lost about 3 years of pictures.

So...if I've sent you pictures from June of 2009 to present and you'd like to share them back I'd be very appreciative!

Got some on Facebook that I'll be downloading back and a few on Snapfish  and will be trying to figure out how to get them off here too but still lots will be lost forever.. :-(

No comments: