Sunday, January 10, 2010

How We Celebrated Christmas

So as I promised I'm going to get pictures of Christmas '09 posted in the winter rather than "Christmas in July" like I did this past year.

We actually started celebrating the holidays on the 19th of December. We were at Molly and Josh's celebrating my parents anniversary and my Mom suggested we open gifts for the adults then. She wanted to make sure that Chris and Meg got to open their gifts and thought it might be a little less hectic on Christmas eve if our gift opening was done. I forgot my camera that day but if you click here on Molly's name you can see some pictures from that night.

Christmas Eve we went over to my parents place after snow blowing 6 inches of snow out of our driveway. I won't tell you how long it took us to blow that much snow but you can ask my husband and I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you what I did to make it twice as long.

Before we began the wild commotion of opening the kids gifts my parents had a very cute idea for Christmas pictures.

Grandma and Grandpa's Gifts!


Riley may have had a few presents to open.


Zack loved his dinosaur flashlight from the Schuster's and his dinosaur puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa.
Along with his Gator Golf game and his most favorite toy of the evening...
...a remote control car! I have to brag a little. My boy was so good! He shared his brand new favorite toy with Riley!!! He actually asked her if she wanted a turn! We were so proud of him!
He even shared with Uncle Chris too. :-)

Kiley was a bit overwhelmed by the whole event but she did love her puppy from the Tredinnick's!

And a "piggy bank" ...


... and baby doll with stroller from Grandma and Grandpa.


I didn't get any pictures of Riley and Adee opening gifts but I did get shots of them in their new towels that Darin's Aunt Denise made for me. Thanks again Denise!! They're perfect! Riley's towel has Tinkerbell on it and Adee has Elmo. Both their favorite characters along with their names.


Adee got a bike that Chris decided to assemble that night. Kiley and Adee decided to take it for a spin.
It was lots of fun watching the kids with their new toys. But this was just the beginning of the party...

1 comment:

Meg Tredinnick said...

Your pic of the kids in the giftbags turned out really cute;)