Saturday, August 9, 2008

A New Beginning for Darin

For those of you who don't already know, I have quit my job at RBC (Dain) and will be starting a new job on Monday. I will be working for a group called CarVal Investors, which is an investment fund management group that is affiliated with Cargill. After the completion (March) of the major conversion/merger project I worked on for the past 3 years with RBC, there was a significant change in the culture and nature of my position. After a few months of struggling, I started quietly looking for a new job, and found what seems to be a really great fit with CarVal in early July. After a short interview process, I was offered the job in the middle of July and started the process of leaving RBC. The timing could not have been better, as I was able to leave RBC prior to our vacation in Nisswa. Thanks to a large amount of unused vacation, I also was able to take another week off and will begin at CarVal well rested (can you rest with a 2 year-old?). I will be working as a Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager on a number of different business and system development projects (a lot similar to the work I initially did at RBC). Although CarVal is linked to Cargill, it is pretty much a stand-alone group with about 350-400 employees. I am really looking forward to a new start with new and different challenges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again congrats! I hope you and the family will be very happy with your new adventure! Enjoy!

Meg Tredinnick said...

Sooo how did your first day go???