Well, I've got a few more prayer requests for this week. The first is for my Grandma, yes, Grandma. No sooner did we get Grandpa home from the nursing home on Friday then Grandma started complaining of pain in her abdomen on Sunday. Dad took her in and they admitted her due to a mass they had found by her appendix. She had surgery today and they removed the mass, (which was the size of a large marble) her appendix and part of the small and large intestine to make sure they got all of it. She will be in the hospital for about a week. The doctor believes the mass was cancerous. It will take a few days to do some testing to find that information out for sure. Please keep her in your prayers for fast healing!
I told Grandma yesterday when I went to visit her that it was supposed to be my turn in the hospital not hers! She is in the same hospital that I will be delivering at which will be helpful if I should go into labor while she is there. My family will definitely get their moneys worth out of parking.
Update on Grandpa: I realize as I write this, unless you read my sisters' blogs you probably don't know what has been going on with Grandpa since my blog on July 27th. After they cauterized the ulcer things went better for Grandpa. He went back to St. Teresa's for therapy again and as I mentioned came home on Friday. He's still doing therapy at home so he still has a bit of strength to gain to be back to 100% but hopefully that will happen soon.
By the way, both of these grandparents are my Dad's parents. So say a special prayer for him and my Uncle Doug. They are on quite the roller coaster these days, (as are my Mom and my Auntie Annie)!
Another request for prayers is for Darin's Great-Uncle Gene who I blogged about on Friday. Darin's Grandma and Aunt were over in the afternoon yesterday and told me that Gene had suffered another Cardiac Arrest early in the morning and was in a coma. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
The last request is for my sisters' friend's son Frankie. I asked for prayers for him back in July. He's the newborn who was born with heart problems. He went through one surgery already and has been dealing with complications of that surgery since. He did get to go home for a brief amount of time but was brought back in last week. Please keep the Roth family in your prayers.
Think that is it. Hopefully the next blog about hospitals will be a happy one. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment