Thursday, August 14, 2008

35 Week Update


Today I had my 35 week Doctors Appointment. Everything is going well. Went and saw Dr. Fault today. Our clinic encourages us to see all 6 of the OB's they have on staff so we get to know them before the baby is born because anyone of them could be "on duty" the night I go into labor. Dr. Fault is a great guy, very goofy. I think Josh calls him the crazy doctor actually because of his sense of humor. I like him a lot.

So anyway, my tummy is measuring at 35", just where it's supposed to be. So for all of you who have been so kind to say that I look little for where I am, the Doc. says I'm right on target and I'm certainly gaining plenty of weight! UGH! Babies heart rate was 140. Doc says you can't tell anything from the heart rate though. The heart rate is dependant on my rate of activity and my blood pressure was a little high today. At least I thought so, 134/70. The nurse didn't think it was all that bad though. But I'm usually in the 120's/60-70's even when pregnant.

Next appointment is in 1 week! Next Friday. It's usually 2 weeks at this point in the pregnancy but because I went 12 days early with Zack the Dr. thought I should start the 1 week appointments now. Next week is also the strep B test. Fun, fun!
How have I been feeling lately? I've noticed as well as others that my tummy has started to drop. It's a little difficult playing with Zack these days because of it. Hard to stoop down or sit on the floor and then get up from the floor. Having problems with soar hips and pinched nerves at night. A few odd pains which I was told today are normal with the second child. Other than that I'm doing fine. I've been very grateful for a not so hot and humid summer. Although there are days I'm very swollen. I've stopped playing golf now. Meg has taken my spot. Although she's only played once so far because this week it was raining and next week is the last week so I didn't miss too much of the season.
That's all for this update. Keep you posted next week.

3 comments:

Meg Tredinnick said...

Shall we start the baby pool now guys???

Anonymous said...

Aug 28th I think:)

Meg Tredinnick said...

I Pick Sept 2nd